There are several options to travel to Åre:
- Flying to Vaernes Airport Trondheim.
KLM has several daily direct flights from Amsterdam/Schiphol Airport, www.klm.com
Transfer from Vaernes Airport to Åre
– by renting our own Mitsubishi Pajero (more details below *)
– by transfer bus (http://www.flygtaxi.se/products/transfer/are/trondheim)
– by rental car (http://www.avinor.no/en/airport/trondheim/tofromairport/Car+Rental).
– by train; from Vearnes to Hell Station (±2min.) and from Hell till Åre (±2hrs. and price p.p. ±£17,-). Time tables and more info on www.nsb.no
– by taxi, we recommend to take a Swedish taxi company, Taxi Åredalens (costs around £170,- tel. +4664720444)
- Flight to Stockholm (www.skavsta.se or www.arlanda.se) ,then a domestic flight to Åre/Östersund (http://www.swedavia.se/en/Are-Ostersund) and then a transfer to Åre or a car rental (http://www.swedavia.se/en/Are-Ostersund/Traveller-information/Get-to-and-from-the-airport/)
- Flight to Stockholm (www.skavsta.se or www.arlanda.se) and take the (night-)train to Åre Center (http://www.sj.se or www.veolia-transport.se) . During winter season the night train sometimes even has a bar with disco for you to preparty all night!!!
The Åre Mountain Lodge is situated in Åre Björnen, approximately 5 km from the centre of Åre. The Åre Björnen area has it’s own little centre, with a supermarket, ski shop and restaurant, and there is also a skibus all day long to Åre centre.
Further, we recommend Taxi Åredalen, tel. +4664720444.
* If you want to be more flexible during your holiday, it is possible to rent our own car, a 7 persons Mitsubishi Pajero. Our Pajero is parked at Vaernes Airport in Norway. Please contact us about availability, prices and conditions.
Have a nice trip!